Tuesday, July 31, 2012

not all glitz and glam

I am sooo ready for a vacation!  Bermuda cruise is in the works for Joe's 30th, but that's not til next June!


As blessed and happy as I feel about my life & the things going on in it, there are just some days when all the craziness hits me & I begin to shut down a bit.  Today was one of those days.  The first day in long time too. I think all of the things we have had going this summer, between plans every weekend, the new house, and being over loaded at work, it's all starting to take a toll on my body and mind.  Even my borderline obsession with getting pregnant hasn't been much of anything but an afterthought as of late.  I think it's completely normal for the body to act this way after putting it under stress & not giving it the mental and physical attention it deserves to keep balanced.  So how do I deal with all of this?

Me time...
First of all I believe a well deserved pedicure is in order!  When?  I don't know, hopefully soon.  And possibly a tanning package.  I know that probably isn't the healthiest thing to do to my body, but man does tan skin feel good, & honestly, I haven't seen as much of the sun as I normally do in the summer because of the house.  Goodbye pasty legs!

Us time...
Friday we are taking a break and going to Bartley's and to see The Dark Knight Rises.  Date night!  I can't wait.  It's been a couple of weeks since we have done a date night, just the two of us.  The last time we had a date we went to Applebee's & to see Ted.  I am not a huge fan of the movie theater here in town, but I am a fan of date night with my husband.  We have been spending a ton of time together, working together as the great team that we are on this house, but we need some fun, work-free, relaxing time together too.  Really looking forward to it.



Work time...
I have been doing work for another area because they are short handed.  I welcome as much work as possible because it keeps me busy, but this is a busy time for us in our own area, let alone taking work from another operating center.  I am pretty good at making sure I prioritize equally & try not to spread myself too thin.  I need to make sure that when I get to a point that I feel I can't handle any more work, I kindly decline any additional work, or ask for help, this is much better said than done.

Social time...
Between rekindling relationships with old friends, making new friends, weddings, house parties, cook outs, boating, swimming, wine club membering, blogging, pinning, facebooking, what a busy summer it has been & continues to be.  I am the matron of honor in a wedding in October & I can't wait for my beautiful friend Jen to get married.  She found an amazing man, and if anyone deserves an amazing man, it's her.  It's been so fun planning with her, and having already had my own wedding, I love being involved in the planning of hers because it's such a fun, (and at times stressful) thing to do.  I've been spending lots of time with my girlfriends doing all kinds of things like concerts & male review shows.  I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of  my best friend of 21 years, sister-in-law, & mother of my two favorite children, Jodie.  She just happens to be married to Joe's brother Jon, they have been together for around 10 years & are high school sweethearts.  How happy were we when Joe and I started dating... and now we are sisters!  She will be home in October with her family for Jen's wedding & family camp-out.  It's going to be such a blast having them here.  Clearly lots of social events, past, present, & future this summer.  Cancel some social events.

my bestie Jodie, me & Jen

I am looking forward to the time when I am able to go home from work right at 3 with no errands to run or places to go, plopping on my couch with my dog, & catching up on my DVR.  Right now I have 7 episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.  We are just catching up on 5 episodes of Wilfred, and don't get me started on how many Kendra on Top I have missed because they play 2 episodes a week! Yikes!



I love every moment I have had this summer so far, with tomorrow being the first day of August & fall fast approaching (thank God!), it reminds me that time just flies, & like Ferris Bueller says, "life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you might miss it".  There is nothing but truth in that quote.  No matter what has happened this summer whether it be good or bad, I once again am reminded of how blessed and happy I am in my life.  I may be still recovering from a terrible accident, but I have great things, and wonderful people in my life. 

Stay tuned for before and after pics of the house!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I read & try to reply to every comment via e-mail so if you don't get a reply from me you might be a no-reply blogger!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by OctopusArtis