Friday, October 04, 2013

five on friday

One. Back on the Road
Finally.  After the awful appointment I had last week (read about it here!), I finally heard from Dr. G’s office & have an appointment on Wednesday in Peoria.  Joe and I are both going. They said it’s about an hour to an hour and a half long appointment, lots of information to take in & possibly some blood work or tests ordered on that day. I really cannot believe that we are coming to this point. I never thought that we would be struggling with this, but such is life. I have to remember that it’s only making me stronger & will make me appreciate pregnancy and parenthood that much more. I've been lucky enough to find a couple ladies in blogland that have been real inspirations to me, especially Joy at Inner Joy. Reading about her journey & seeing her positive comments on some of my posts has been very reassuring for me.

easier said than done



Two. Lipstick

I’ve noticed a couple different blog posts about lip stick lately (Natasha at Hello! Happiness & Leslie at A Blonde Ambition) have both had recent lipstick posts. I’ve always been a huge fan of lip gloss, in fact, I kind of have a lip gloss hoarding problem. I got a lipstick from Sodorstrom Skin Institute last year & it’s a really pretty, darker fall color. I don’t wear anything too noticeable to work because I work with a bunch of guys who like to point things like that out, so I’m pretty subtle about my shad of lip wear. While browsing through Target last week I found a really pretty shade of L'Oreal Colour Riche in Blushing Sequin & I love it. It’s so pretty & fun. Perfect date night or girls-night-out-on-the-town color.

my ungodly collection of lip glosses... & yes, that gloss with the blue glare, it lights up & has a mirror on it

this pic does not do this color justice!


Three. October

I wonder how many of us will have October for one of our Five On Friday picks? October is one of my favorite months. I love Halloween, it’s a close second to Christmas. I used to consider it my favorite holiday, but now that I’ve gotten older, Christmas has become my #1 favorite holiday. Now that it’s October is completely appropriate for Halloween decorations & bowls of candy throughout the house. Also, candy corn filled hurricane candle holders will make their comeback this weekend as the centerpiece on my dining room table.




Four. Final season of HIMYM

Sad, but true, this is the last season of How I Met Your Mother.  We have really come to love this show.  We watched the first 6 or so seasons on Netflix a couple years ago when we lived in La Salle.  I can’t believe the show is coming to an end, but I’m excited for Ted to finally meet the love of his life!



Five.  Fall Fingers & Toes
I found two great colors, Essie's Ladylike & OPI I Saw...U Saw...We Saw...Warsaw.  Even though they're two completely opposite colors, I think they compliment each other well.  I've got the blue on my toes and the mauve on my fingers.  My nails aren't real pretty, I keep them short, & I constantly pick at them, I used to bite them, thankfully I don't do that anymore, but a more subtle color compliments my nails much better so I usually try to keep something neutral or light on my fingers & go more bold on my toes.  





Happy Weekend Blogland!



3 comments:

  1. great post! keep up the great work hun
    and Goodluck with everything :)

    X
    love from australia
    http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Struggling to fall pregnant is an awful experience and we have been there our self. Now with a crazy 9 month old son, I really am living proof that persistence really does pay off, never give up and enjoy every second with your hubby as once you are blessed with a baby that time is quickly taken over with baby. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! My name is Beth and I found your blog through Joy Edwards's blog. I too am on an infertility journey, I have endured 2 surgeries, 7 months of clomid, 3 rounds of injectable drugs, and 6 inseminations with no success and we are meeting this month with and in vitro fertilization clinic to start that process. I just wanted to offer you some support if you ever needed to talk to someone who has pretty much been through it all. I know how lonely and isolated I felt seeing all my friends get pregnant so easily and I know how heart breaking the whole journey is. Please feel free to contact me if you ever want to talk or have any questions. I know I would have loved having someone to tell me what to expect, so I thought maybe I can at least be that person for someone else. If you don't feel like talking, I totally understand that too and wish you the best in your journey. -Beth Slatery

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I read & try to reply to every comment via e-mail so if you don't get a reply from me you might be a no-reply blogger!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by OctopusArtis