Tuesday, December 24, 2013

'twas the night before Christmas...


Merry Christmas Eve!! I can't believe that I'm already saying that!!  It's a frigid 3 degrees here in Illinois! Last night was our annual Christmas Eve Eve stay over at Starved Rock Lodge & we had such a blast.  We gathered in one of the cabins to open presents, & have a few cocktails and snacks.  We had dinner, spent some time soaking in the hot tub, then went back to the lodge to play games.  This year we had a Jelly Belly game called Bean Boozled which was given to us as a gift from my aunt in California to specifically be played last night.  This game did not disappoint. It's basically a box of assorted jelly beans (as pictured below) and a spinner, it's simple, you spin, & you eat the color jelly bean you land on.  And yes, there are literally, baby wipe, dirty socks (the worst!), skunk spray, & moldy cheese flavored jelly beans.  


Today is a pretty relaxing day, noting much to do until about 5.  Right now I'm watching Elf, finishing up Christmas presents & cookie baking, & eating entirely too much candy.  Looking forward to spending time with family tonight, putting on our matching PJ's at the Ridley's & hearing Christmas stories, drinking our Coke's out of glass bottles & opening gifts.  Tomorrow is filled with more family fun at my moms, my dad's, & my aunts house.  I hope everyone has a wonderful & blessed holiday!!  We have our fingers crossed that Santa will bring us an extra special gift this year!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I read & try to reply to every comment via e-mail so if you don't get a reply from me you might be a no-reply blogger!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by OctopusArtis