2. I hate romantic movies like The Notebook. My favorite type of movie is horror and 80’s flicks like The Goonies. Probably the only “love story” movie I love is Dirty Dancing.
3. In high school I worked at a local restaurant called The Rootbeer Stand. I started when I was 15 and worked there until I was about 21. They have outside ordering where we would bring out the food and hang the tray on the window. We didn't wear roller skates, thank God!
4. I’m a fidgeter. I can’t sit still, I have a lot of energy and if I have to sit still then I feel like my head is going to explode. At the same time, I can easily lay in my bed on a rainy day with my dog & watch movies all day.
5. I didn’t play any sports in high school. I really did no activities and really wanted nothing to do with school.
6. I originally wanted to go in to teaching my first two years at community college. Then when I went to Illinois State, I decided teaching wasn’t for me & got my bachelor’s degree in English.
7. I wear make-up almost every day. I love make-up, it gives me a little boost of confidence.
8. My favorite food is probably pizza. Either just cheese, or cheese and pepperoni. Last week we ate pizza three nights in a row.
9. My two favorite things in the world to do are to camp & to cruise. I love packing up the Harley with all of our camping gear, hit the road, just the two of us and do some adventuring. We also love cruising. We’ve been on three so far together, one of which Joe proposed to me.
10. I have four tattoos, soon to be five. My first one I got when I was 20. I literally put no thought into it and picked it out in like 30 seconds. It’s a tramp stamp. Its 3 kanji symbols for beauty, patience, and peace. My second tattoo was our wedding date I got on the back of my neck followed a couple months later by my orchid (our wedding flower) also on the back of my neck. My most recent is my arrow. Next on the list is my dream catcher.
11. This is the first birthday I’ve had that I haven’t really felt sad about getting older. When I turned 25 I made such a big deal out of it my mom ended up getting me an “over the hill” balloon just to make things worse.
12. I have a brother who is the epitome of nerd. He has a bachelor’s degree in physics and mathematics, he is getting his masters in engineering now at U of I. I also have step brother who just graduated high school and two step sisters that I don’t speak to, ever.
13. My favorite color is blue. It has been since I was around 4 years old.
14. On my most recent personality test (taken for a training at work) a couple weeks ago I am classified as Expressive Driver. This basically means I am creative and inspiring, but I also like to be challenged and take charge of things. (Yes, I am a control freak).
15. Although I have a degree in English, I work for a utility company.
16. A couple of places on my bucket list to travel to are Alaska, Italy, Mexico, and Tahiti.
17. I drive a Ford Escape, this is the sixth car I’ve had since I turned 16, that’s approx. a new vehicle every 2 years…. I have a problem. My first car was a Chevy Cavalier.
18. I love a fountain coke from McDonald’s, I mean who doesn’t!?
19. My favorite cocktail is a Moscow Mule made with Stoli vodka.
20. My favorite flower is an orchid or peony.
21. I love adult cartoons; Family Guy, Archer, Futurama, and South Park are some of my favorites. My other favorite show is Justified on FX.
22. My favorite holiday is Christmas. I love Halloween too, but Christmas is my favorite because I love to give gifts and I love to decorate!
23. I like all types of music. I most often listen to country, but also love rap, techno, blues, rock, punk, and oldies. My iPod has everything from James Taylor, to David Guetta, to Stevie Ray Vaughn, to Bone Thugs to Motley Crue, to Coheed and Cambria. I think the more eclectic your musical interests are, the better!
24. My favorite candy is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
25. Back in high school, long before we were a couple, my husband bought me alcohol on occasion. He’s 3 years older than me and his younger brother Jon is my age, the one that is married to my bestie.
26. My parents have been divorced since I was 2.
27. I hate surprises and I’m horrible at keeping secrets (of my own). When I buy someone a gift for Christmas or birthday, I want to badly to tell them what it is. I almost always pick out my own Christmas & birthday gifts.
28. I am more than ready for what 28 has in store for me. I hope for a lot of happiness. I know there will be some major challenges between building a house and going through IVF, but I am ready for whatever life is about to take me.