Friday, June 27, 2014

Baseline Ultrasound Update


Love this quote so much because it's so true.  We have made sacrifices, and we have done things we never thought we'd have to do, to get where we are today, and we still aren't exactly where we want to be, but we are getting so close. 

Everything went perfect at our baseline ultrasound appointment.  Things looked good and it was probably the fastest ultrasound that I've had so far.  We got our medication schedule and are set to start injections on Sunday, 100mg in the AM and 100mg in the PM until next Thursday the 3rd when I go back for my follow up ultrasound.  I'm not really worried at all about my response to the FSH.  I used the lowest dose, (75mg) once a day for five days and I ended up with 22 follicles, so I'm sure with a bigger dose twice a day, I should have plenty of eggs to fertilize. 

One thing that we had done that is offered to patients who have had a miscarriage is blood testing to check for different diseases.  Two of the seven tests are genetic tests and one of my tests came back positive as a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis.  I don't have anyone in my family with any form of Cystic Fibrosis, but I am a carrier.  The next step is having Joe tested.  We both had our blood drawn again at the appointment.  We are hoping that Joe is not a carrier.  If he is then our embryos will have to be sent off to a genetics lab after three days of growth where they will test them for the same mutation.  The positive side is that this testing can be done and we can eliminate any embryos that are also carriers.  We are hopeful that Joe IS NOT a carrier in which case we won't have to do any further testing.  It was a little scary getting this news.  Of course I took right to WebMD and found that if both the father and the mother are carriers then there is a 25% the baby will have it, there is a 25% chance it won't have it, and there is a 50% chance that the baby will also be a carrier.  So fingers crossed that Joe comes back clean!  I will be sure to update as soon as we find out.

Just like seeing the building of our forever home finally become a reality, this too is such a surreal feeling.  I can't believe how close we are to getting that BFP.  I am so hopeful and am going to be as positive as possible.  I know that if it were to end up negative I would be let down very hard, but I just don't feel like being cautiously optimistic, I feel like being certain that this will work. 

12 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys that everything looks good to go! Continuing to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe its finally here!!! I'm sooooo happy for you guys! Positive vibes are always good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone since you decided to go for IVF! Glad everything was looking good on your baseline. Hoping for good news and that Joe is NOT a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis. Oh, on a somewhat related topic, I read a book a few weeks ago called The Two Week Wait about two different women getting IVF and I swear the whole way through I was thinking about you. Wishing you the best of luck in the exciting upcoming days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad everything went well and praying he is not a carrier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad your ultrasound went well! Praying for you guys that Joe isn't a carrier. Definitely sending positive vibes your way!!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. DO NOT fret over the genetics testing. I also found out during our own journey that I'm a carrier of CF myself. They actually postponed our first cycle until they could do complete testing on my husband. They tested my him TWICE - once with the same test they did on me and a second time with a more in depth strand analysis test. It came back that he was not a carrier. I will be praying Joe is not a also a carrier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad that everything went well, hoping he is not a carrier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so so glad to hear things went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so close my friend. Hoping your BFP is right around the corner and that Joe isn't a carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that quote! So perfect! Fingers crossed that Joe's testing comes back clear and these next steps go wonderfully! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl if you have any questions please feel free to send them my way! Sending you lots of positive energy! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are SO CLOSE!! Keep on keeping on girlfriend! Praying for BFP!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I read & try to reply to every comment via e-mail so if you don't get a reply from me you might be a no-reply blogger!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by OctopusArtis