Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Monthly Favorites - October

Make Me Up Mia

Linking up with the lovely Mia and Kelli for another installment of my monthly faves!

Ugh! I can’t believe this month is over already!  The winter is coming so fast and I am not ready for it at all.  Although October through December are my favorite months holiday wise, I hate the weather that comes at the end!   October was an absolutely beautiful month here in Illinois, but I fear it will soon take a turn for the worse!  Last year our first day of snow was on 10/22 and it didn't seem to quit after that.  So, onto the favorites:

One.  Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies—or pumpkin anything…

Let’s be honest, we are all a #basicwhitegirl deep down inside.  We love pumpkin spice ANYTHING, we love our scarves and Uggs and leggings and Northface jackets.  It’s ok, I’m proud to be a basic bitch.  One thing I found this year that I’ve never tried before, these Pumpkin Cheesecake cookies and they are fabulous!  I ate the entire bag in 2 days. Ooops!




Two.  Panera Hazelnut Crème K-Cups
I love hazelnut coffee with hazelnut creamer and 1 Truvia, that is my ideal cup of coffee.  I’ve tried many a hazelnut K-Cup in my life too, but these Panera ones are extra yummy!  I’ve been trying to avoid artificially flavored things, but my coffee and my creamer I don’t think I’ll ever be able to give up!

Three.  Scarves
Of course the Zara scarf seems to be the most coveted of the plaid blanket scarves, but I was at Old Navy a couple weeks ago and found something sort of similar.  I love the cream, red, and grey plaid and I can’t wait til it gets cold enough to warm up with it!  I'm also totally obsessed with this crocheted infinity scarf I found it a my favorite local boutique, CNJ Style! I love the wine color too, perfect!



here's the Zara scarf, so cute!



Here's mine... sorry I'm not a fashion blogger, this is the best you're gunna get!  I couldn't find the exact one online, but here are some similar. These actually say mens, but I bought mine in the women's section.


here's the crocheted! so cute and warm!

Four. Weather
October weather is just to die for.  I mentioned it up top, but it definitely deserves a spot on my list.  It was a little all over the place in terms of temperature, but we've had some really beautiful days in the 60’s and 70’s with the sun shining, it’s those last few nice days before winter rears its ugly head.  Unfortunately, the nicest weekend of the month we were working on the house rather than being out on the bike enjoying a last cruise.  It’s been stunningly beautiful down at our new house.  We live right on the Vermillion River, and I definitely cannot complain about the scenery.



Five. LP SmartSide 
I have to say, I'm really happy and impressed with my choices of colors for our house.  They are turning out beautifully together & and I cannot wait to see the outside completely finished.  I'm so in love with our siding and so happy that we decided to go with the wood rather than the vinyl.

I'm so happy with the way the garage & front door pops with the color of the siding.

These 3 gables will be done in a sand colored shake! So excited!

This is probably the truest picture as far as color goes, it's called Montana Suede.

I apologize for the short list!  Happy hump-day everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Your house looks gorgeous. I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your house and those scarves look so warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is awesome! Can't wait to see it all finished.. And I'm definitely going to have to go buy some of those pumpkin cheesecake cookies today, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hold up. Pumpkin cheesecake cookies?!?! Oh my goodness I need to run to my grocery store and get these ASAP!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies are pretty amazing!!!! You're house is really coming along and is looking so beautiful!!!! Love everything you've picked out so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scarves you got! So pretty! And your house is coming along amazing! Can't wait til it's finished and I can see how you decorate it!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't remember if you have mentioned this or not, but will your house be ready by Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no shame in the #basicwhitegirl status haha, however I don't like pumpkin so I'm just basic in all the other areas lol. I had no idea you could get the hazelnut in a k cup, life changing, I love that coffee!! I'm the same, I try to eat best but coffee and creamer is just my love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of this!! I got my first Northface jacket over the weekend, and I love it!! I will for sure have to try those cookies, they look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors of your house, it looks fantastic!! Also, scarves...yes!! All winter long!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your house looks so fabulous!! oh and i love both of the scarves you got especially the first one, they look so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scarf season is bag. Can't wait for it to get colder here to start pulling mine out. Boots and jackets! Your house is looking marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. October weather is too cold!! haha. Love your scarfs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your scarf! So cute! That's how I feel when I take pictures of myself :-p But you look super cute! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have had some nice weather here in SC too, but I am NOT looking forward to winter...I'm definitely a summer gal :) We had our first snow on 11/1, but it was just a dusting and thankfully was gone by 10am. I love the scarves you chose! I, too am a proud #basicwhitegirl ;) Pumpkin spice, Uggs, North Face, and plaid scarves...be still my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been on the hunt for the perfect plaid scarf! While the Zara one definitely seems to be the best, I love the one you picked out! Now hopefully you can keep all the white clean... I'm not sure I would have the same confidence in myself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those scarves!!!! Looks so warm and cozy for fall/winter! Your house looks amazing and I absolutely love the dark garage doors! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I read & try to reply to every comment via e-mail so if you don't get a reply from me you might be a no-reply blogger!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by OctopusArtis