Friday, June 27, 2014

Baseline Ultrasound Update


Love this quote so much because it's so true.  We have made sacrifices, and we have done things we never thought we'd have to do, to get where we are today, and we still aren't exactly where we want to be, but we are getting so close. 

Everything went perfect at our baseline ultrasound appointment.  Things looked good and it was probably the fastest ultrasound that I've had so far.  We got our medication schedule and are set to start injections on Sunday, 100mg in the AM and 100mg in the PM until next Thursday the 3rd when I go back for my follow up ultrasound.  I'm not really worried at all about my response to the FSH.  I used the lowest dose, (75mg) once a day for five days and I ended up with 22 follicles, so I'm sure with a bigger dose twice a day, I should have plenty of eggs to fertilize. 

One thing that we had done that is offered to patients who have had a miscarriage is blood testing to check for different diseases.  Two of the seven tests are genetic tests and one of my tests came back positive as a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis.  I don't have anyone in my family with any form of Cystic Fibrosis, but I am a carrier.  The next step is having Joe tested.  We both had our blood drawn again at the appointment.  We are hoping that Joe is not a carrier.  If he is then our embryos will have to be sent off to a genetics lab after three days of growth where they will test them for the same mutation.  The positive side is that this testing can be done and we can eliminate any embryos that are also carriers.  We are hopeful that Joe IS NOT a carrier in which case we won't have to do any further testing.  It was a little scary getting this news.  Of course I took right to WebMD and found that if both the father and the mother are carriers then there is a 25% the baby will have it, there is a 25% chance it won't have it, and there is a 50% chance that the baby will also be a carrier.  So fingers crossed that Joe comes back clean!  I will be sure to update as soon as we find out.

Just like seeing the building of our forever home finally become a reality, this too is such a surreal feeling.  I can't believe how close we are to getting that BFP.  I am so hopeful and am going to be as positive as possible.  I know that if it were to end up negative I would be let down very hard, but I just don't feel like being cautiously optimistic, I feel like being certain that this will work. 

Baseline Ultrasound Update


Love this quote so much because it's so true.  We have made sacrifices, and we have done things we never thought we'd have to do, to get where we are today, and we still aren't exactly where we want to be, but we are getting so close. 

Everything went perfect at our baseline ultrasound appointment.  Things looked good and it was probably the fastest ultrasound that I've had so far.  We got our medication schedule and are set to start injections on Sunday, 100mg in the AM and 100mg in the PM until next Thursday the 3rd when I go back for my follow up ultrasound.  I'm not really worried at all about my response to the FSH.  I used the lowest dose, (75mg) once a day for five days and I ended up with 22 follicles, so I'm sure with a bigger dose twice a day, I should have plenty of eggs to fertilize. 

One thing that we had done that is offered to patients who have had a miscarriage is blood testing to check for different diseases.  Two of the seven tests are genetic tests and one of my tests came back positive as a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis.  I don't have anyone in my family with any form of Cystic Fibrosis, but I am a carrier.  The next step is having Joe tested.  We both had our blood drawn again at the appointment.  We are hoping that Joe is not a carrier.  If he is then our embryos will have to be sent off to a genetics lab after three days of growth where they will test them for the same mutation.  The positive side is that this testing can be done and we can eliminate any embryos that are also carriers.  We are hopeful that Joe IS NOT a carrier in which case we won't have to do any further testing.  It was a little scary getting this news.  Of course I took right to WebMD and found that if both the father and the mother are carriers then there is a 25% the baby will have it, there is a 25% chance it won't have it, and there is a 50% chance that the baby will also be a carrier.  So fingers crossed that Joe comes back clean!  I will be sure to update as soon as we find out.

Just like seeing the building of our forever home finally become a reality, this too is such a surreal feeling.  I can't believe how close we are to getting that BFP.  I am so hopeful and am going to be as positive as possible.  I know that if it were to end up negative I would be let down very hard, but I just don't feel like being cautiously optimistic, I feel like being certain that this will work. 

Friday Favorites

First of all, I need to apologize for my absence this week.  Did any of you have issues with you Blogger Dashboard only showing one post rather than all of the posts from the blogs you follow?  Well mine was like that so it was really hard to keep up on everyone, unless I follow you on Bloglovin' so I'm sorry for the lack of comments!

This was me trying to figure out where all my blogs went!

Second, this was a whirlwind week.  Monday was supposed to be foundation excavation which turned into tree removal, Tuesday was work, Wednesday was travel for work all day, luckily Thursday and today I am off, well rested, de-stressed, and ready to rock and roll!

Favorite Moment: Seriously, 
I have 3 this week!  If you follow me on Instagram then you saw the majority of my happiness, and you probably saw my post about not apologizing for my happiness.  If I come off as sharing too much or being too happy, umm, #sorrynotsorry I refuse to be apologetic for being a happy and positive person & loving my life & sharing my life with all of you!  So... #1, our foundation was dug on Tuesday and it was so surreal!  I can't believe we have finally come to this point!  Next week will start actual construction of the house!  Tuesday just happened to be an awesome day because I also got my dream catcher/lotus flower tattoo and I'm so happy with it.  I have an appointment to finish it next Thursday the 3rd so be on the look out for the final product!  And last, today is our baseline ultrasound!  We are finally in the home stretch of starting this IVF cycle.  I will be starting medication any day now, maybe even tomorrow.  I will be sure to do a follow-up post of the outcome of the appointment and our plan going forward! 

Favorite Pin:
This will be my kid.

Favorite Quote:
Original minds don't always create new ideas, but take existing ideas and make them into
something new.

Favorite Online Purchase:
Yeah, I'm back at it again... I couldn't resist this adorable dress from The Mint Julep Boutique originally shared by Allison @ Texas Mrs.
wouldn't this just be adorable with a little bump underneath? <3

Favorite thing I'm looking forward to:
Again, a couple things, one is starting the medication for this IVF cycle, as soon as that happens, things will start to feel really real.  Getting my tattoo finished & the upcoming 4th of July weekend.  My 3 best friends and I have brunch planned, some pool time, a couple cocktails, some baby cuddling, and some good bonding time over the next week when everyone is in town & I can't wait.  Pumped for fireworks shows & maybe a few trips on the bike, I hate to say it, but I hope they will be my last for awhile. 
 Last year's 4th of July celebrations!  

Favorite Funnies:






Happy weekend lovely ladies!! 

Don't forget to enter the $200 Sephora gift card giveaway!

 Win $200 to Sephora!

Jordyn : The Fairy Princess Diaries //  Elena : Baby Ridley Bump // Lauren : Lot 48

Friday Favorites

First of all, I need to apologize for my absence this week.  Did any of you have issues with you Blogger Dashboard only showing one post rather than all of the posts from the blogs you follow?  Well mine was like that so it was really hard to keep up on everyone, unless I follow you on Bloglovin' so I'm sorry for the lack of comments!

This was me trying to figure out where all my blogs went!

Second, this was a whirlwind week.  Monday was supposed to be foundation excavation which turned into tree removal, Tuesday was work, Wednesday was travel for work all day, luckily Thursday and today I am off, well rested, de-stressed, and ready to rock and roll!

Favorite Moment: Seriously, 
I have 3 this week!  If you follow me on Instagram then you saw the majority of my happiness, and you probably saw my post about not apologizing for my happiness.  If I come off as sharing too much or being too happy, umm, #sorrynotsorry I refuse to be apologetic for being a happy and positive person & loving my life & sharing my life with all of you!  So... #1, our foundation was dug on Tuesday and it was so surreal!  I can't believe we have finally come to this point!  Next week will start actual construction of the house!  Tuesday just happened to be an awesome day because I also got my dream catcher/lotus flower tattoo and I'm so happy with it.  I have an appointment to finish it next Thursday the 3rd so be on the look out for the final product!  And last, today is our baseline ultrasound!  We are finally in the home stretch of starting this IVF cycle.  I will be starting medication any day now, maybe even tomorrow.  I will be sure to do a follow-up post of the outcome of the appointment and our plan going forward! 

Favorite Pin:
This will be my kid.

Favorite Quote:
Original minds don't always create new ideas, but take existing ideas and make them into
something new.

Favorite Online Purchase:
Yeah, I'm back at it again... I couldn't resist this adorable dress from The Mint Julep Boutique originally shared by Allison @ Texas Mrs.
wouldn't this just be adorable with a little bump underneath? <3

Favorite thing I'm looking forward to:
Again, a couple things, one is starting the medication for this IVF cycle, as soon as that happens, things will start to feel really real.  Getting my tattoo finished & the upcoming 4th of July weekend.  My 3 best friends and I have brunch planned, some pool time, a couple cocktails, some baby cuddling, and some good bonding time over the next week when everyone is in town & I can't wait.  Pumped for fireworks shows & maybe a few trips on the bike, I hate to say it, but I hope they will be my last for awhile. 
 Last year's 4th of July celebrations!  

Favorite Funnies:






Happy weekend lovely ladies!! 

Don't forget to enter the $200 Sephora gift card giveaway!

 Win $200 to Sephora!

Jordyn : The Fairy Princess Diaries //  Elena : Baby Ridley Bump // Lauren : Lot 48

Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday everyone!  I'm actually off work today since we are starting to DIG OUR FOUNDATION for our build!  I can't believe it!! Such an exciting day!  We have been watching the weather very closely since they've been calling for a 90% chance of rain, but it looks like they've taken that down to a 40% chance so we should still be good to go.

I'll be honest, this was an exhausting weekend.  It was Joe's birthday weekend and we crammed a lot into just a couple of days.  It just goes to show that we can still hang, it just takes longer to recover.  

Friday I came home from after getting a facial and then going to do a wine taste with my bestie and my mom to find a HUGE package waiting on the step.  It was all of my IVF medicine and to say I was overwhelmed is a bit of an understatement.  Especially after two glasses of wine, I was a tad emotional, but I am ready to start this journey and kick infertility's ass!




Friday night we went to dinner to kick off Joe's birthday weekend.  We went to our favorite restaurant in town, Bartley's.  We always get the same drinks, the same meal, & I hope one day we have our own table that we sit at every time.  If we want to go out on a date or have a nicer meal, 95% of the time we go to Bartley's.  It was an amazing meal as always.  I get the 8oz. filet with a side of alfredo and Joe gets the crab stuffed shrimp alfredo or just the shrimp alfredo every time we go.  


After dinner we headed out to one of our favorite bars, Docs.  It's one of my favorite places because I can get my ghetto booty shake on there & I love going to visit Amy, one of the sweet bartenders and a chick I went to high school with.  Jessica and Mike met us out and we had a great time.  We called it quits around 11 since we had to get up at 5AM Saturday for the Freedom Run.

The alarm went off bright and early and we got ready to do the annual Freedom Run.  The Freedom Run is a motorcycle ride that honors the fallen troops of the Middle Eastern Conflicts.  We take about an hour ride and end up in a town where there is a memorial with all of the names of the fallen soldiers.  This is a huge event in our community.  Mothers of the fallen come from all over the US and read the names off of the wall. It takes about 2 hours for the over 4,000+ names to be read.  It's one of my favorite events to participate in each year.  There were thousands of bikes, and thousands of people who came out to stand for those who stood for us. 




After the Freedom Run we had a pool party to attend, which unfortunately was cut short by the weather that was rolling in.  We were so exhausted by this point.  For the majority of the day Saturday the sun was out and it was HOT.  Close to 90 degrees and we were out in it pretty much all day.  Thankfully I worse SPF 50 and reapplied frequently otherwise I would've been a lobster.  We didn't have much time to rest before we had to leave to head an hour out of town to watch our friends band play.  I had no real desire to go by the time we actually did leave, but we had to go and support our friend.  It turned out to be a lot of fun.  I didn't drink because all I wanted was a really good night of sleep and if I drink too much I never sleep good. We didn't get home until about 2:45 so it was a realllllllllly long day.  Almost went for a full 24 hours. Haven't done anything like that in years!
this is exactly what happened when I got home.  I'm luck I made it to the bed.

On Sunday which was Joe's actual birth date, we slept in, had coffee, watched some TV then he was off to the property for the day.  I ended up grocery shopping, lunching, and pampering with my mom for the afternoon who leaves for Germany today.  I decided to try a no-chip manicure again to see if it will help me curb my habit of picking at my nails all the time.  I spent the rest of the afternoon in bed with Frankie watching TV and catching up on blogs.  I was still feeling like the above gif.  We went for dinner with Joe's parents then came home to watch Lone Survivor.  It was such a great movie, but horrifying at the same time. I am always just amazed to see what our military have to endure for the freedoms of our country and I have so much respect for them, even more after watching that movie. I highly recommend it, but just remember the title is Lone Survivor so you should know right away what the outcome is.  



Hope everyone has a fabulous week.  Follow me on Instagram to see pictures from today's dig!







Weekend Recap

Happy Monday everyone!  I'm actually off work today since we are starting to DIG OUR FOUNDATION for our build!  I can't believe it!! Such an exciting day!  We have been watching the weather very closely since they've been calling for a 90% chance of rain, but it looks like they've taken that down to a 40% chance so we should still be good to go.

I'll be honest, this was an exhausting weekend.  It was Joe's birthday weekend and we crammed a lot into just a couple of days.  It just goes to show that we can still hang, it just takes longer to recover.  

Friday I came home from after getting a facial and then going to do a wine taste with my bestie and my mom to find a HUGE package waiting on the step.  It was all of my IVF medicine and to say I was overwhelmed is a bit of an understatement.  Especially after two glasses of wine, I was a tad emotional, but I am ready to start this journey and kick infertility's ass!




Friday night we went to dinner to kick off Joe's birthday weekend.  We went to our favorite restaurant in town, Bartley's.  We always get the same drinks, the same meal, & I hope one day we have our own table that we sit at every time.  If we want to go out on a date or have a nicer meal, 95% of the time we go to Bartley's.  It was an amazing meal as always.  I get the 8oz. filet with a side of alfredo and Joe gets the crab stuffed shrimp alfredo or just the shrimp alfredo every time we go.  


After dinner we headed out to one of our favorite bars, Docs.  It's one of my favorite places because I can get my ghetto booty shake on there & I love going to visit Amy, one of the sweet bartenders and a chick I went to high school with.  Jessica and Mike met us out and we had a great time.  We called it quits around 11 since we had to get up at 5AM Saturday for the Freedom Run.

The alarm went off bright and early and we got ready to do the annual Freedom Run.  The Freedom Run is a motorcycle ride that honors the fallen troops of the Middle Eastern Conflicts.  We take about an hour ride and end up in a town where there is a memorial with all of the names of the fallen soldiers.  This is a huge event in our community.  Mothers of the fallen come from all over the US and read the names off of the wall. It takes about 2 hours for the over 4,000+ names to be read.  It's one of my favorite events to participate in each year.  There were thousands of bikes, and thousands of people who came out to stand for those who stood for us. 




After the Freedom Run we had a pool party to attend, which unfortunately was cut short by the weather that was rolling in.  We were so exhausted by this point.  For the majority of the day Saturday the sun was out and it was HOT.  Close to 90 degrees and we were out in it pretty much all day.  Thankfully I worse SPF 50 and reapplied frequently otherwise I would've been a lobster.  We didn't have much time to rest before we had to leave to head an hour out of town to watch our friends band play.  I had no real desire to go by the time we actually did leave, but we had to go and support our friend.  It turned out to be a lot of fun.  I didn't drink because all I wanted was a really good night of sleep and if I drink too much I never sleep good. We didn't get home until about 2:45 so it was a realllllllllly long day.  Almost went for a full 24 hours. Haven't done anything like that in years!
this is exactly what happened when I got home.  I'm luck I made it to the bed.

On Sunday which was Joe's actual birth date, we slept in, had coffee, watched some TV then he was off to the property for the day.  I ended up grocery shopping, lunching, and pampering with my mom for the afternoon who leaves for Germany today.  I decided to try a no-chip manicure again to see if it will help me curb my habit of picking at my nails all the time.  I spent the rest of the afternoon in bed with Frankie watching TV and catching up on blogs.  I was still feeling like the above gif.  We went for dinner with Joe's parents then came home to watch Lone Survivor.  It was such a great movie, but horrifying at the same time. I am always just amazed to see what our military have to endure for the freedoms of our country and I have so much respect for them, even more after watching that movie. I highly recommend it, but just remember the title is Lone Survivor so you should know right away what the outcome is.  



Hope everyone has a fabulous week.  Follow me on Instagram to see pictures from today's dig!







 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by OctopusArtis