Friday, February 06, 2015

Friday Faves!

I apologize for my absence this week!  It was kind of a crazy one.  After the 15” of snow we got over Saturday night and Sunday I ended up at work until 7:30 Monday night so I got a few hours of OT!  I work for the electric and gas utility company so storms are our business!  Tuesday we got our taxes done and went to meet the newest baby in our circle of friends, Everly.  She is just a doll!  Wednesday was dinner out at a local restaurant that’s been open for 51 years and is finally closing this April, so sad!  So, like I said, things were a little crazy and I didn't make any time for blogging.  Well today is a double whammy, I'm also guest posting over at Believe in the Sparks!
all of us cousins and the owner of 101!  So gunna miss this place!

 Favorite Moment:
I’m sure that my favorite moment of the week will be tonight.  We are going to August Hill (the winery that we belong to) for a wine and chocolate pairing and I cannot wait!  Two of my favorite things together!  The girls are headed to the winery and the guys are headed to the pub across the street then meeting for dinner somewhere in the middle.  Should be fun!


 Favorite Purchase:
So I’m totally blowing my shopping goal.  I mentioned the Dream Bigger MantraBand, I’m so in love!  Then I ended up at Target to shop for baby Everly and ended up with a new purse and another swimming suit top! Oops!  I swear they put something in the air there that makes every single thing in that store more appealing… #132dollarslater …. I also ordered a new cell phone case and a pair of lace-up wedge booties from Amazon.  I’ve got a free Amazon Prime trial right now and I’m totally taking advantage of the free shipping!  I’m all over the place with my purchases and I need to get myself under control ASAP.



 Favorite Pin:
 I really NEED this in my life!

  Favorite Recipe:
Of course another zoodle recipe!


 Favorite Thing I’m looking forward to:
Besides the wine & chocolate pairing, I’m looking forward to doing some cooking tomorrow night with my longtime friend Alicia and another relaxing weekend.  I’m also looking forward to Monday, our IVF consultation with our new doctor!  We will be meeting him for the first time and I really hope that he has some new ideas for us.  I am going to push for PGS testing, which is all that I really want.  For those of you not familiar, PGS testing is Preimplantation Genetic Screening, it screens the chromosomes of the embryos for abnormalities (i.e. abnormal # of chromosomes Trisomy 21).  It’s common testing done for people with multiple failed IVF cycles like we’ve had.  I’m interested to hear what type of protocol he is going to recommend.  I already know that they want fewer follicles than I had last time.  I had 34 and they want me to have about 10-15.  I was definitely overstimulated with 34 follicles which could’ve been the cause of the failed cycle.  I will definitely post an update after the appointment!



18 comments:

  1. A wine and chocolate pairing sounds like the perfect way to perk things up in this dreary cold weather, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your new purchases!! Hope you have the best time tonight - sounds heavenly! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you best of luck with your appointment on Monday! I freaking love that sweatshirt, it's how I feel ALL the time now! Your wine and chocolate pairing sounds fabulous, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the name Everly. I always thought if I ever had a baby girl I would want to name her Everleigh :) It sounds like you have some great plans ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that swimsuit you picked! And jealous of all that snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have so much fun with your wine and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have got to get myself a zoodle maker! Definitely putting that on my list for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wine and chocolate sounds fantastic!! Love all of your new purchases too. I had to force myself to look away from the purse section in Target yesterday. So many cute things! Have a great weekend girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That zoodle recipe looks so good! Oh Target is so dangerous that top is perfect and love the color of that purse. Hope you have a great weekend with wine and chocolate ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it makes you feel better the items you purchased are great buys. Love the boots and case! Wine & chocolate = heaven! Hole you enjoy your weekend. Goodluck at your appointment on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wine and chocolate pairing sounds Heavenly and that purse, amazing! I'm totally swooning over it. Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts to you on Monday :) Have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wine & chocolate sound so fabulous right now!! Loving that swimsuit top even if you are overspending, it'll get use this summer. ;) Also, can not believe they had you with 34 follicles and this new place is shooting for 10-15. I really hope this is it for ya'll!! Can't wait to hear about the appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your new doc! Hope the consult goes well. I'm glad you are pushing or PGS. I don't think you'll regret it. Always helps to have more information.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sweater is hilarious!!! I really need it!! And, trial? You will get addicted and have to get the full membership! I live off of prime ;) Hope it's been a good and fun weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. chocolate and wine? yum! i love the stuff you got at target, that bikini top is so cute!
    good luck with your appointment today! hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG that sweatshirt is perfection. Totally describes me this entire winter! Loving your blog, girl!

    Bailey
    www.baileyinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that bathing suit top! So cute! I feel like target always sucks me into a $100+ bill every time! Lol! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I read & try to reply to every comment via e-mail so if you don't get a reply from me you might be a no-reply blogger!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by OctopusArtis