Friday, June 19, 2015

Life Lately...



You guys, I’ve been such a bad blogger and I am so sorry, but sometimes that thing called life gets in the way, or more like is way too amazing at the moment to have time to blog.  We have been moving and settling into our house and it has been so amazing.  We’ve had a little cookout with friends, we’ve gotten the guest bedroom assembled, we’ve got our master bathroom practically complete, I’ve got some décor on the walls,.  It has been so much fun finding places for knickknacks and photos and all the pieces old and new that we’ve collected.  I’m really enjoying putting it all together and making our house a home.





I bought a Fitbit last week and it’s definitely my new current obsession.  I’m pretty competitive and goal oriented so when it says “your goal is 10,000 steps a day” then that is my goal and I will do whatever it takes to get it.  I’ve also got some uber competitive friends who I’m in challenges with and it’s been a lot of fun so far. 

My yoga practice is still going strong!  If you guys follow me on Instagram then you see my posts every couple days of the poses that I’ve been working on.  I am also going to be taking a Tai Chi Meditation class on Monday’s at the Hegler Carus Mansion here in town, they will have the class on the lawn of the mansion and I can’t wait to try it!  It’s taught by the same instructor who teaches the yoga class I take at the local community college and I really enjoy him so I’m really looking forward to this class.


On the infertility forefront, we are 3 weeks from baseline.  I got my meds Thursday so we are prepped and ready for takeoff!  It’s coming up so quickly I just can’t believe how fast the time is flying!  I can’t say enough about how important it is to continue to keep living life when you’re waiting for a cycle to start.  That’s the biggest challenge of infertility treatment, the time it takes for things to happen.  We can easily get caught up in counting down the days which can easily cause frustration.  My best advice is to just focus on the present moment.  Enjoy the current season of your life, don’t wish the time away, enjoy it for what it is.  That’s what I’ve been doing exponentially these last few months and I have never felt so stress-free going into a cycle.  I am blessed to have the distraction of my house, but if I didn’t have that I would find something else to occupy my mind while the months passed.  It’s been roughly 9 months since we’ve had a cycle and it’s been over 3 that we have been waiting for this one to start and it’s really hard to believe that THAT MUCH time has passed. 

Other than that, we've had TONS of rain here but we did end up with one day of beautiful weather and abundant sunshine so I took advantage of that to swim at my aunts.  Also looking forward to our first house guest this weekend, my cousin will be staying with us.  Father's Day is Sunday and we're having my mom and step dad and Joe's parents out for dinner and Joe's birthday is Monday so we are going to do some celebrating this weekend!  So excited for all we have going on this weekend!


I am sorry to say but I imagine the blog will continue to be a little desolate as we continue to bask in our forever home and all that summer has to offer us over these next couple of weeks!  Hope you're all enjoying your summers so far!

15 comments:

  1. The house is looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I love your bar cart girl! That little barrel is so cute! I'm glad you're getting settled into your house! Sometimes you just need some time away from the computer and do things in the real world! Happy Friday!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you boo! Summer time calls for celebration and who cares if you don't blog?! Life is so much more than blogging. Sure it's nice to catch up and write if and when you can, but it's not your whole life. You've been doing great and three weeks will be here before you know it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl time at the pool is my favorite! Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead too!

    I love all the touches at your house - I'm so impressed with how quickly it is coming together and how much you have done already! Now come decorate mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving all of the little sneak peeks into your home, it's gorgeous and I'm just so thrilled for you guys to finally be in it and enjoying it! This is going to be such a great summer for you guys <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can easily see how all your time is spent decorating your new beautiful home!!! And yay for your fitbit! I need to put mine back on now that I'm out of the post partum period!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bar cart that you put together and you should totally be enjoying this time and basking in your forever home!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow time does fly! 3 weeks away from baseline already. Ur house is looking amazing. Glad u are finding ways to stay distracted and living ur life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy that your home has come together so nicely! Living in a place you love is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The house is looking awesome! And no worries about not being able to blog because you are enjoying your new home and summertime. Enjoy yourself girlie!! xo

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The house looks awesome. Stay distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. House is looking amazing as are you!!! Love all your awesome yoga poses!! Keep enjoying your home, the summer and life in general. Will be here cheering you on for your upcoming cycle!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the decorations you've put up in your house! Can't wait to see a tour hopefully soon! Great job with the yoga too, I need to get back into it again because it really made me feel better. Can't believe your baseline is coming up so quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. your house looks amazing!! congrats girl. enjoy it all, who cares about blogging ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's summer time, I think most people are pretty lax on the blogging front, I'm soaking up everything summer has to offer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I read & try to reply to every comment via e-mail so if you don't get a reply from me you might be a no-reply blogger!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by OctopusArtis