Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I'M PREGNANT!!!



Well, it’s official, I AM PREGNANT!!   Our first beta was yesterday which came in on the very high side at 967!  Lots of people are suggesting a possible embryo split resulting in twins, but I am still hoping for a singleton.  No matter how many babies are in there, it’s a true blessing.  

I was pretty confident it was going to be negative.  The first few days I was feeling really optimistic, thinking, this has to be it, but the last few days I was very crabby and just felt like AF was on her way.  I had cramping from 3dpt pretty heavy through about 8dpt.  After that they started to subside quite a bit but these were like cramps I had never felt before.  They were very intense, not like what I normally experience during my period so I was hopeful it was a good sign of implantation.  I had no spotting at all.  I have had sore boobs this entire time, but that started several days before transfer when we started progesterone injections.  That PIO is the devil as it mimics pregnancy symptoms pretty well.  

I went to the hospital at 6am Monday for my blood draw then headed straight to work to wait for the dreaded call.  I emailed my IVF nurse to tell her that I had my test done & that she would only get my HCG level same day as our local lab cannot process progesterone & estrogen same day.  She said she’d be on the lookout for the results, about 3 hours later at 10am I got the email that changed my life, one like I’ve never received before:

“Congratulations!  It’s good and positive!  Your hcg is 967.  We would like you to repeat it again on Thursday to make sure your levels go up.” 

I seriously had to read it 3 or 4 times before I comprehended what she was saying.  I couldn’t believe the beta was so high!  I immediately called Joe although I knew that he wouldn’t answer being that he works out in the field so I sent him a text with the number & to tell him we were definitely pregnant.  I also sent a message to some of my closest friends & moms, TTC sisters, etc. and I was immediately flooded with phone calls.  Everyone was shocked & so happy.  I ended up taking a half day vacation and left at 10:30 and went over to my friend Jessica’s house.  We went to lunch and to Target, she bought me 2 outfits, one for a boy & one for a girl, and I bought pregnancy tests of course!  We headed over to another friend of ours to hang out for a few hours so that we could all bask in me finally being pregnant! 

I went home and immediately took the pregnancy test.  It’s been close to 3 years since I’ve seen a positive on a pregnancy test and I’ve never seen one on a digital before so it was a true sight to see.  It flashed “pregnant” and then “2-3” and I couldn’t believe it!  I immediately rummaged through my box of baby stuff I have collected to find my “Worth the Wait” onesie from Urban Baby Co and set it out on the counter for Joe to see when he got home.  He didn’t end up getting my message until about 4 hours after I sent it because where they were working had such poor cell service.  He was very excited.  He brought home and orchid (my favorite flower & our wedding flower) and some Reese’s peanut butter cups, so thoughtful of him.  Later on some friends came over with a cigar & a book about whiskey for Joe.  

We decided that we would tell our other family members (like Joe’s other siblings, my aunts, etc. that we are close with) via text since everyone knew we were going through this.  We didn’t really feel like telling people in person was necessary.  If this would’ve been a natural conception it would be a totally different ball game, but I was getting messages all day on Instagram and Facebook of people asking what was going on so we decided to spill the beans right away, especially with our strong beta.  We know that so many things can happen and that we aren’t out of the woods yet, but this is the farthest we’ve ever come by a long shot & we really felt it was a great reason to celebrate.  

We are so so thankful and grateful to everyone for their continued support.  The outpouring of love that we have been receiving with our announcement has just been so overwhelmingly amazing.   We are blessed with the MOST AMAZING support group and I wish I could thank everyone personally who has stuck by us for these 5 long years.  This has been an exhausting journey but we were so determined and never felt like we needed to give up.  We are also beyond grateful for our donor who without her, this would not even be happening right now.  We owe her everything!  We are so excited to embark on this new journey!

37 comments:

  1. This is such exciting news, congratulations Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! I am SOOOO SOOOO SOOOO happy for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing news!!!! Been waiting to see what how it was going. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing news!! I have been waiting to hear your results and to hear its a positive is such a blessing!! god works in mysterious ways and this is your and your baby's time!! praying that you have a healthy and easy 9 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh!! SO excited for you!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such wonderful news!!! I am beyond excited for you all!! That is definitely a great number and I'm guessing it is one. Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATU-%$#@$%^-LATIONS! Woohoo! I was hoping to read this post someday. So, so very happy for you guys. You are going to be one amazing mother. Lots of love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that Joe brought you an orchid and candy!! What a sweet, sweet husband!! I am so so SO excited for you guys!! And I can't wait to see what a super cute pregnant lady you are going to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am seriously so insanely happy for you, i know i keep saying it but i seriously am. so freaking happy! i cannot wait to follow along and i hope you keep blogging :) and i also hope you share where you register :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU DESERVE IT!!! So happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am beyond excited for you!! I choose to think positive and know that little one inside of you is going to stick around for the long haul. Can't wait til you hear ur miracles little heart beat and see ur little bump grow. You deserve this and so much more Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like I'm exploding with excitement! You deserve this so much. I can't tell you how happy I am for y'all! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY YAY YAY! You guys deserve all the happiness in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the best post ever ever ever ever! Yes yes yes yes yes! I love this. I love that you got to leave work and celebrate with friends and POAS and it say POSITIVE. So so so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a long time reader and was driving to work thinking "she has to know by now" so I risked driving and searching your Instagram and was so excited. You should celebrate every second of this. I can't wait to follow you and your husband through this pregnancy. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy for you guys- congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing post! So excited for you! Prayers for an uneventful & healthy pregnancy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I could not be happier for you! I hope you stay on this baby high over the 9 months and beyond. How exciting! You're going to be a mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so happy for you. I know you've waited so long, so savour this moment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just positively dying with excitement for you. I will be going to bed with the biggest smile on my face tonight...and many nights to come! I am so thrilled! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! Seeing that post heading was just too exciting. As I read your post I couldn't help but have tears in my eyes. Can't wait to continue following you through this new, beautiful journey. xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so freakin' happy for you and Joe! Congrats again! And Target has the cutest baby clothes. I bought 1 girl and 1 boy outfit online b/c I couldn't help myself. Ahhh this is such an exciting time for you both!

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sooo happy for you!!! Congrats! I will continue to keep you in my prayers for a good pregnancy. Can't wait to follow along your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So happy for you! Congratulations! Hoping for a strong beta tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. YES!!!!! This has truly brought tears to my eyes. You are going to be an amazing mommy. I can't wait to follow along :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am soooo beyond happy for you two. I pray that this pregnancy goes well and smoothly for you. I had a high beta around the time you are at and have identical twins...so you never know. Congrats again friend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. When I woke up this morning, I clicked on Instagram to scroll to see what was new with everyone on my feed and this was the first picture I saw, SO HAPPY AND EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey!! This is Courtney, I used to blog over at Sweet Home Alabamian. I have purposely come back to your blog every few months just to check in on your journey. I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! I will keep checking in on your little growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my heck Elena, this is just so amazing I am OVER THE MOON for you guys! That onesie is precious and perfect and I love that it was there for you waiting for the perfect moment! Cannot wait to follow this pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Elena, PEE ON ALL THE STICKS!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am BEYOND thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations!! I'm so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am so so so excited for you, Elena!!! I jumped up and down when I saw this on Instagram!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Goodness I'm beaming catching up on all these posts! so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I read & try to reply to every comment via e-mail so if you don't get a reply from me you might be a no-reply blogger!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by OctopusArtis